- "we", "us" or "our" means www.healinglymedisease.com (ABN 91 179 393 272) and;
- "you" or "your" means visitors to the Website, subscribers to and users of services provided by us, purchasers of our products and services and our advertising customers.
We respect your personal information
We recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. It includes all personal information regardless of its source.
How we collect information about you
Whenever you visit this Website, our servers will automatically record information about your usage of this Website, such as the time of the visit, its duration and the pages you visit. This is to assist us in improving this Website and to ensure that advertisements on this Website are most directly relevant to your interests. In these instances, the information we collect about you remains anonymous.
Collection of some of your personal information is essential for completion of some of the functions and activities of this Website. We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, also collect your personal information directly from you. For instance, the collection of your personal information may happen when you:
- Complete payment for any products sold on the Website;
- Complete and submit a "Register" form, or similar form;
- Submit an email or message to us through the Website.
The personal information we collect from you may include your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, phone number, mobile phone number and in some instances, your financial information, or other information considered necessary for any request, order or application process you may be undertaking.
We may also collect personal information:
- From third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From our third party service partners;
- From our own records of how you use our services; or
- When legally required to do so.
No matter how your personal information is collected, it is dealt with by us in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We may use your personal information in order to:
- Verify your identity;
- Provide our products and services to you, including our directory listing services, lead generation services and advertising services;
- Administer and manage those products and services, including notifications, charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Enter into contracts with you;
- Assist you to subscribe to our products and services;
- Make changes to your profile
- ;Respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- Help us improve our products and services;
- Provide relevant marketing information, including promotions or special offers;
- Conduct appropriate checks for creditworthiness and for fraud; and
- Prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving the Website.
We may disclose your personal information if it is:
- Required or authorised by law or government and regulatory authorities;
- We suspect that your use of this Website is in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
- To protect our rights or property;
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety;
- To credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- To credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing); or
- To our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
- To 3rd party service partners who may undertake debt recovery functions, or website usage analysis.
Where your personal information is disclosed, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
Data Security – Protecting Your Personal Information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic format. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- Security measures for systems access;
- Only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements;
However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them. In some instances this may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of parts of this Website.
We may use independent companies to measure and analyse Internet usage across this Website. The tracking collects the following core information on usage of this Website:
- The number of page views (or page impressions);
- The number of unique visitors;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Website;
- Common entry and exit points into the Website.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing usage of this Website. The data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other sites.
Some advertisements (such as "banner" advertisements) that you see displayed on this Website are delivered on our behalf by third party advertising companies. No personal data, for example your name, address, email address or telephone number are used during the course of serving our advertising, but, on our behalf, our third party advertisers may place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal data about you nor is it linked to any personal data about you.
What happens on links to other websites
What about information I provide in public areas such as ratings and reviews?
Any information you post on the Website such as ratings, reviews and posts on bulletin boards and/or posts or communications in chat areas of the Website becomes public information by its nature. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in these areas.
Usernames and passwords
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. Therefore, we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
Resolving Your Privacy Issues
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australia, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website (www.privacy.gov.au).